Home Design Illustration Craft About Image Map

Sunday 23 June 2013

Schools Out, Back to Knitting

Knitting had to take a bit of a back bench toward the end of uni, there wasn't much time for sleep let alone a relaxing evening with needles and yarn. Now however I am a graduate with all the time in the world to knit - still working on the job hunt. 

My new found freedom was a bit disconcerting, I had no idea what my next project should be. Most knits are associated with warmth and winter, and whilst we are hoping in vain for an English summer, woolly gloves are not top on my list. I decided the next challenge should be something a bit bigger, everything else I've done have been small accessories, and I finally settled on a shrug design that I liked. 





This is how far I am at the moment, I have a feeling this is going to take a while. 

I can also now show you something I finished a while ago but couldn't post about, a small bag I knitted to hold my Mum's birthday present. I forgot to take a decent photo of it looking lovely and present-like with a ribbon, so you'll have to make do with my rubbish "I've finished and it doesn't look half bad" iPhone photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment