Home Design Illustration Craft About Image Map

Sunday 21 April 2013

Best Sandwich Filling

A new week, a new loaf of freshly baked bread. There is a wonderful texture on the sides that I love, it looks and smells just as good as it tastes. 

This loaf was out of the oven just in time for lunch! I used one of the tastiest fillings for a nice Sunday treat, a version of coleslaw from Innocent's cook book 'Hungry?'. It's a brilliant book, I would definitely recommend it for the recipes and the design. 




I don't really stick to the recipe completely, it depends what I have in the fridge and it's more fun to make it up as you go along! While it may look a bit of a mess, the taste more than makes up for it. All you need to do is grate a small carrot and half an apple (I found peeling slices off the apple is easier) and grate in some cheese. Then add some lemon juice, pepper and mayo of your choice - I love garlic mayo. Mix it up and plonk on some bread, done!

Perfect for a sunny day.




No comments:

Post a Comment